Application L0146 : MS Visual Studio .NET Framework.
Here is the transcription of my message left at eight minutes after 3 pm today on your answer-phone.
1) Nice to hear of the continuity of Arts Council personnel in yourself.
2) I'm not disappointed by the letter of 2 June 2003 as it was envisaged that my grant application would not be successful. (An Arts Council application document not asked for was sent to me to apply for grant).
3) However, in "meeting some of the criteria" it may appear that the Arts Council has acquired some sympathy for our kind of jazz music - but somehow I doubt it.
4) With regard the application in "not providing value for money", I'll put that down to the lack of expertise in the field (by the Council), and, the fact that Opera and Classical music can gobble up the totals funds.
5) I attended yesterday the Internet World three days event at Earls Court, London, and learned at one seminar that IBM - Microsoft are ready to let employ UDDI on local servers, an incident that I'll now be directing my attention to, which, I'm sure would have put us ahead of the field with the aid of the small applied grant.
Alas it is now not to be so.
Kings Jazz Review
Thursday the 5th of June 2003